Foods to Eat that Help the Body DetoxifyDec 06, 2021
One important puzzle piece in holistically healing Hashimoto’s is detoxifying your body. In this modern world we are constantly surrounded by toxins - from the food we eat to cleaning products, make up and even receipts.
Your liver, kidneys, lungs, and other organs work constantly to detoxify your body. To keep these organs functioning properly, it is important to eat a clean and nutritious diet and avoid over-stressing your organs with outside toxins.
Many foods that are rich in vitamins and antioxidants can assist your body’s natural ability to cleanse and detoxify itself. Not only can these foods help your body remove toxins, but they also provide nutrients that you need to lead a happy and healthy life.
Check out these 8 superfoods:
1. Artichokes - one of the best detoxifying foods out there - it reduces toxins, helps clean the liver and is highly anti-inflammatory
2. Wild Salmon - high in good fats and Omega 3s, anti-inflammatory
3. Bitter greens (mustard greens, kale, radicchio, arugula) - help to detox, help digest fat and cleanse the body more efficiently
4. Berries - antioxidants and anti-inflammatory
5. Dark chocolate- detoxifies skin and sloughs off dead skin cells, helping your skin look fresh and radiant
6. Avocado- it contains a nutrient called glutathione, which blocks at least thirty different carcinogens while helping the liver detoxify synthetic chemicals
7. Garlic- a mineral present in Garlic, called selenium can cleanse the liver. It can trigger liver enzymes, and naturally flush out the toxins from your body
8. Lemon Water (especially hot lemon water when you first wake up)- Lemon water ingested in the morning will help cleanse your liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to flush out toxins, giving it a nice jump start